When making salads I absolutely love using vibrant colored vegetables and/or fruits. Not only is it pretty, but all those different color plants are packed with various nutrients! Checkout this easy salad that I made for a family get together this summer!
Vibrant Summer Salad
- 1 – 10 oz. bag spring mix salad
- 1 – 10 oz. bag hearts of romaine
- 1 cup mini sweet pepper rings
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 tsp. himilayan pink sea salt
- 1 tsp. cracked black pepper
1. Wash the surface of cucumber and red onion. Peel and slice both as desired.
2. Open the two bags of salad mix and place in a large bowl.
3. Add sliced onion, cucumber, and sweet pepper rings to the bowl.
4. Sprinkle with cracked black pepper and himilayan pink sea salt to taste.
5. Bring to a family gathering as a side dish or add protein such as shrimp or grilled chicken to enjoy as a main dish.